Mar 27, 2017
We're just about three months into 2017, and there are already home trends that look like they'll be sticking around for the rest of the year or even MORE. Ever since these new decor schemes have begun populating our social feeds, our fingers have been double-tap happy. From cool colors to unique decorating techniques, these emerging ideas are just what we need to refresh for a fabulous year.
To keep you ahead of the game, we rounded up the 10 trends that we think will stick around for the rest of the year. Take a look and see which trend you might want to incorporate into your home.
1) Transparent Surfaces : We are all looking for a bit more transparency in the world these days. But one place where you can instill it easily and get some pretty incredible results is your home.
2) Greenery : We think Greenery, Pantone's Color of the Year, is best represented through a burst of plant life in the home. We love the idea of adding greens to unexpected areas and in high volumes.
Need some low-maintenance plants? Use wallpaper to add some life to your space.
3) Unique Art Placement : Lately we have seen quite a number of rooms filled with art that isn't necessarily hung in a traditional way. Whether it's layered frames or laying on the floor, these new methods are great for rentals and creating a relaxed aesthetic in your home.
Layered frames all the way!
This home office embraces both high and low art.
The leaning bear print here creates an interesting juxtaposition between the books and hung frame.
4) Maximalism : The minimalism trend is finally on its way out. For people that find joy in everything they own, maximalism is totally the way to go.
Maximalism is the perfect decor scheme to nurture a child's creativity.
We absolutely love this bright print-filled kid’s room.
5) Baskets : These days, woven baskets are everywhere and we absolutely love it. While you can hide away extra items with sneaky storage, we are much more inclined to put them on display.
Basket weaves on display.
6) Jewel Tones : While pastels were huge in 2016 (and probably will continue on this year), jewel tones are the newest color scheme on the scene.
Playing around with jewel tones
7) Alternative Lighting : 2017 is a year of getting creative and taking action, so why would you stick with a traditional light fixture?
Alternative lighting is going to be huge this season.
Bring lightness to your space with a pendant that doesn't play by the rules.
No need to hide the cord with this macrame helix light.
8) Modern Vintage : Right now, we must look to the past in order to move forward. Incorporate a mix of vintage pieces with modern elements in your home to create a timeless feel.
9) Copper : When it comes to metals, copper is definitely the new gold. We love incorporating it through light fixtures or accents.
Copper goes best with light fixtures.
A sculptural copper pendant adds warmth and modernity to this corner.
This trend definitely has our seal of approval.
10) Hygge : Hygge aka lived-in, coziness is the perfect home trend for those looking to make their homes into a self-care space.
This trend is for keeps for the self-loving soul in you.
Give your home that je ne sais quoi with relaxed linens and calm family spaces.
Sometimes a comfy throw is all you need to get your hygge on.
So which trend is going to make an entry into your divine abode? Tell us in the comments below.
Stay tuned with us for more such stylish trends, news, and home interior updates, only on www.cwinteriors.in and our social media platforms!
Donâ€™t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for weekly tips, tricks and stunning interior work from all over! Subscribe HERE.
Have input for this story? Write to us on email@example.com